Monday, January 4, 2010

Enjoy To Taste

Enjoy your food. Take time to savor it. Of course, I have. I enjoy certain foods a lot. Other foods, well, if I do not like it, I do not consider it edible. As long as I eat only “edible” foods, I enjoy them!
Take Christmas, for instance. We have chocolates, other candies, waffles with pure maple syrup, toaster pastries, oranges, apples, bananas, tangerines, ham, potatoes, mixed broccoli and carrots and cauliflower with cheese, cottage cheese, farm fresh cider, etc. – you know, all easy stuff that you don’t have to fix. My favorites also are meals that other people fix. The beauty of Christmas is, I don’t DO pies!
Now, that holiday in November, you know the one, toward the end of the month? That’s a battle with the pie crusts, and a knock-down, drag-out fight with a stuffed turkey, and then on top of all that, you have all your trimmings to go with those! You end up so dragged out from all the prep work and time, that you just want to collapse and gorge yourself. You hope you are alert enough to taste the food! So you just keep eating until you do. What a job! What a grueling task! What a gigantic appetite! You call that fun??! Well....
My brother phoned the other day. He happened to mention all the sweet rolls he made for Christmas: poppy seed rolls, sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, apricot ... I cannot even remember all he made, at least eight different kinds. If he were here, I would clear the kitchen for him and let him make all he wanted. Talk about enjoy! Delicious.

Enjoy To Taste
By M A Williamson
Copyright © 2010

2 comments:

yume wa hen said...

Now I'm hungry. Well, hungrier than I was just before I read it anyway. I loved those pies!

Anonymous said...

oh phooey. i'm drooling.