In another age and time
When the races were ravaged by war
Sapphiric in his hue
Dajer the Dragon brought order to chaos.
The proud Elves of the western forests
Daily carving life from the trees.
The spunky Gnomes of the eastern shores
Melting the sands of time into timeless treasures.
The industrious Dwarves of the northern mountains
Mining minerals and ever increasing their wealth.
Dajer the Dragon focused their efforts
Three great palaces arose among the peoples of Orean.
The Dwarves laid stone
The Elves carved wood
The Gnomes blew glass
The three entwined together
Architectural masterpieces arose on each horizon
Peace spread like a blanket
Dajer the Dragon returned to the waters
He and the other Dragons were gone forever
Elizabeth Williamson Copyright © 2009
5 comments:
I like the theme, but can't figure out which format it's in.
Sorry, that was me. I was logged into Deb's account. Still not sure about the format. : )
free verse. for the most part anyway. there is some rhythm to it though.
Cheater. : )
I like it.
Post a Comment