Sunday, November 8, 2009

Limerick Attempt #2


Phew!
I think there’s a thing un'er my bed,
It’s blue and it’s black and it's red;
But a voice from down there,
Says with a confident air,
“I regret that it’s all in your head.”


Phew!
Ken Chandler
Copyright © 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this too. i am wondering if there really is something under your bed as this is not the first time you have written about it. maybe you should have the kids take a look before you go to bed. then they can be eaten and fill the stomach of whatever is down there, and you can sleep peacefully.

Ken Chandler said...

There is something under the bed, and I've tried to convince the kids that it's safe, but they're not falling for it. So I go on paying for food and clothes, etc. No early retirement for me. Doggonit!

Glad you liked the story.

Anonymous said...

I can read it if I take the word "a" out of the fourth line. I think it throws the timing slightly off. But then, talk about your non-expert opinion!