Sunday, June 1, 2008

CHARACTER: Mach-Be-Soon-Dill-Chomp

Mary Alice Williamson © Copyright 2008

Mach-Be-Soon-Dill-Chomp (Mach-Be-Soon-Chomp for short) is a tall, fat, thin, short person weighing 30 tons, 2 ounces. On good days, he romps through the tall grasses of Invalid. We like to think of him as a marvel of incongruity, but in reality he’s not. He is a plain old, down-to-earth, down something. We do not know where he came from or what he likes or how old he is, as he has not told us. He has a great sense of humor.
On summer days, the wind blows and we hope we are downwind. The beauty of the evening sun glistens on the soft, billowy hair of multi-color grey-black. What do you think? I dunno, but he does. Laugh a little. Mach-Be-Soon-Chomp will laugh a lot for you. Save your breath.

Statistics:
NAME: Mach-Be-Soon-Dill-Chomp
RACE: Yes, on very slow days
HOME: earth
HEIGHT: five foot, seven inches, or 23 meters, depending
HAIR: multi-color grey-black
EYES: two. Or four.
FAMILY: Insidious melodrama
COMPANIONS: Old, Plain, Plump, Bountiful, and Julie
MAGIC ABILITY: Say, what? Intriguing.
ENEMY: Time, Money.
JOB: Stroy the ugly. Straw the good.
(Am I famous yet?)
Original creation by Mary Alice K. Williamson on 31 May 2008, abt 2:30 p.m. EDT
Mary Alice Williamson © Copyright 2008

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're crazy. it's really amusing. but i was wondering how tall 5'7" and 23 meters is? huge? the rest is great.

Rose said...

Well I'm completely lost.

Anonymous said...

um ailene think about WHO the author is.... it makes complete sense. but then you may not know her quite so well as i do.

Anonymous said...

This is the best I can do on the spur of the moment without thinking, and writing it in 10 minutes' time. Um ...,uh ..., you mean I was supposed to THINK and TAKE MY TIME? I hadn't thought of that.
(Oh and by the way, the height was supposed to be confusing and incongruous, as was supposed to be the rest of it.) M

Anonymous said...

why am i not surprised?

Ken Chandler said...

He's a very complex, um... character. Are you sure you can write a story with a character like that?